Below lists the clinics and services that we provide here at Corfton Road Surgery with our Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
If you would like to book one of these clinics, please book your appointment online, or contact us on 020 8997 4215.
These are the main services provided by the doctors and nurses:
- General medical services covering most conditions
- Antenatal (with community midwives) clinics on site
- Childhood immunisations and developmental checks (in our baby clinic)
- Diabetic checks
- Hypertension management and blood pressure (BP) checks (by pre-booked appointment)
- Asthma management
- Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease (COPD) management
- Anti-coagulant control (warfarin/INR monitoring)
- Travel advice and vaccination (including yellow fever)
- Phlebotomy including paediatric blood tests for children 2-5 years old
- Carers’ health checks
- Free NHS Health checks for patients aged 40-74
- Free smoking cessation service
- Flu vaccinations (October – March) for those aged over 65 and patients in at risk categories. Other patients can be vaccinated privately
- Optional health checks for registered patients who have not been seen at the surgery for three years or more
- Cryotherapy treatment
- Cervical smear tests and coil fittings (latter via referral)
- Dermatology consultations
- Sports Medicine
- Medication reviews
- Private and insurance medical examinations and reports
- Ear microsuction services – soon to be available privately
The following services are also provided:
We are able to refer to local GP-based minor surgery providers for a variety of minor surgical procedures (e.g. excision of lumps, skin biopsies, cautery, joint injections).
Some patients require dressings for ulcers and wounds. The nurse will advise you when it is most appropriate to attend for a change of dressing. Treatment of minor cuts and wounds may also be undertaken.
Blood Tests, 24hr Blood pressure monitoring, ECGs and Lung Function Tests
These services are mainly performed by our nurse and healthcare assistant team.
The doctor who organises your test will tell you whether or not you need to fast over night.
If you have asked to provide urine or other specimens, please deliver them to the surgery in the mornings as many samples will become spoiled if they are delivered after our hospital collection has been made at lunchtime.
We offer a full range of family planning services including the pill, injections and coil (via referral) and other contraception services, advice on safe sex, confidential services for the under 16’s, emergency contraception and referral for unwanted pregnancy under the 1967 Abortion Act.
Cervical & Breast Screening
Cervical screening is on a 3 yearly recall programme. We also recommend that all women over 50 participate in the national breast screening programme.
Patients who are taking warfarin and can come regularly to the surgery have the option of having their treatment monitored by the nurses here.
Private Microsuction service to Remove Ear Wax (same day)
In addition to private GP services, we provide same day safe, effective ear microsuction services to remove ear wax. In addition, we offer medical consultations for other ear-related problems. All our services are provided by extremely experienced GP doctors. To book an appointment online, please visit www.earcarelab.co.uk or click this link or call us on 0208 004 7808.
Private One-Stop Cardiology Clinic
Dr Costa Chouliaras is a Consultant Cardiologist and offers a private Cardiology service within our surgery. He is able to deal with all cardiological problems and also perform investigations such as ECG, Echo, 24-hour Holter. For more information on this service, please visit www.localcardiologist.co.uk
Appointments may be booked by calling 07862 115571.
Counselling and Psychotherapy service
We also provide on-site Counselling. This service is available privately. Appointments can be booked via telephone 07960 161 261 or email email@example.com.